Job Title: Society Support Manager
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Start date: TBA
The Bright Futures Society is the UK’s largest Careers focused student Society; operating in over 50 UK Universities and across a number of Schools it exists to help students become more employable and to provide a platform for graduate recruiters to target talent for their graduate programmes. We work with some of the UK’s biggest firms, support over 200 events each year and run a whole host of interactive and engaging marketing campaigns.
Working with the Bright Futures Society Team to support & grow the Society across the UK in a number of key areas:
• Work with the current committees in supporting their events & activities through the year
• Grow registered student membership nationally
• Strengthen the relationship between the committees with both the Bright Futures National Team and the Society Investors (i.e. the graduate recruiters)
• Supporting the societies with investor-driven events, activities and promotions and liaising with account managers to ensure both the Investor and the Society are getting the best out of the company
• Be part of the organising team for at least 3 National Conferences per annum
• Supporting the growth and development of our School Society committees
• Be responsible for online promotion and marketing of the schools and university society, which would include weekly, fortnightly and monthly communications, social media activities, ezine, and web blog.
To achieve this, your role will involve:
• Being the first point of contact for the Society committee members
• Setting up regular calls with the committees
• Event management activities both in the planning, organising and delivery of them
• Working to create the monthly e-magazine, sent to all our members along with weekly committee updates, fortnightly member round-ups and schools communications
• Managing the membership database & event management software to ensure accurate information for events as well as constantly growing the quality of the data
• An aspect of travel to run meetings and workshops, sometimes leading to unsocial hours
• General membership communications
• Communication and interaction with our clients
• A wide variety of other projects and activities as are required.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• have endless energy and drive
• be a strong communicator (both written and oral)
• have the ability to build relationships quickly
• enjoy taking initiative and responsibility
• be hard working
• set and have high standards
• be happy to travel and sometimes work unsocial hours
• have good attention to detail – both verbally and written
• must have a tactful yet persuasive ability to communicate
• be results orientated
Why work for Bright Futures? Over and above the experience & skills you’ll develop through the course your time with us, you will also gain tremendous insight into employability and the graduate recruitment world and what graduate recruiters look for when hiring. It is also the chance to work for a UK wide organisation that makes a difference to the job prospects of our thousands of student members across the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you and good luck!